How to Convert More Clients and Build the Most Powerful Agency in the World
TLDR: Simple tips to follow to establish your agency as “THE” agency client’s need to work with.
The most powerful person in the world is probably not who you think. Powerful people have complete power and control over others (even over powerful ones). Example: the physician to the President of the United States.
Goal: Become the “situational alpha” with your agency.
Tip 1: Establish a carefully choreographed client on-boarding process
– Step 1: Deliver great content (webinar, presentation, etc.). After that ask your audience what they will do with this information. This will build a bridge to another presentation/webinar.
– Step 2: Walk through a checklist. Give them a complete checklist of the steps needed to improve/grow (Show them what they can accomplish). It will help each person assess their current situation and know where to start.
– Step 3: Determine low-hanging fruit opportunity. Prioritize what the client needs over what they want. Let them know you will get to what they want, but first you need to focus on what they need.
– Step 4: Deliver a “little victory”. Give them a small result, not just data.
– Step 5: Sell your core service offering. (start with questionnaire to find needs)
– Step 6: Deliver core service (start with questionnaire to find needs)
– Step 7: Delight and repeat.
Tip 2: Prescribe the solution
Take charge of the situation. Don’t ask, tell them what they need.
Look for established businesses that have more than just an idea or an unconverted list of leads so you can help them quickly achieve a fast win. You don’t need to start someone else’s business for them. This will help you position yourself as the person they need to work with.
Tip 3: Be on-board like a generalist, but prescribe (and charge) like a specialist.
You can contract out the specifics that you are not able to handle: Tools and strategies to get more clients, templates, etc. (Digital Marketer offers to affiliates)
Don’t take a client that won’t do what you say or he doesn’t have a list/database.
Use trip wires to diagnose which clients are manageable or not.
Exception: An unorganized business might be worth to you if they have large funds.
Surveys and reviews on your clients can be a subset of your offerings.